What are your daily wordcount goals?


I watched a documentary on Stephen King the other day and it was interesting to hear about his life. One of the things I filed away in my little brain was the fact he wrote 1,500 words daily. Some days he wrote more, but no matter what, he cranked out 1,500 words on any given day.

I got to thinking about that and realized that would only take me about an hour every day, but if I did that - I'd have a novel, novella, or a ton of short stories in a matter of a few months.

I'm adopting that goal for myself.

From now on, I will write 1,500 words everyday. It may be a story, or continued efforts on a bigger project, but it will 1,500 words of NEW material. Editing is a whole different ball game.

What are your daily wordcount goals?

Comments

Laurita said…
Good luck with your goal. The hard part writing is starting, that and avoiding interruptions. I'm rooting for you!
Paula Ray said…
Thank you, Laurita - so far so good :)
Paula Ray said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara McElhinny said…
Hey Paula!! It's hinny! Just wanted to check out one of your blogs! (I tried to post on In Graved Tales - that place is awesome great story too!) Dig your decor girl.

Anyhoo! Goodluck!
Happy writing
Hinny
Kara McElhinny said…
Oh, and I usually don't have word goals, I just make sure I write every day. But now that I'm working on a WIP, I try to get at least one chapter a week which is usually about 3k. (For now, after edits I'm sure it's less.)

Now I've littered your blog too much! Eek! :P
Paula Ray said…
So good of you to stop by my blog - littered? no way - love hearing from you.

In Graved Tales - I started and never did much with it - glad you like it.

I read some of your blog stuff too - I'll have to pop over there and comment more often :) You're a gem.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning the Attic

# Friday Flash - 2

Childhood is a Shadow