Cotton Candy Meltdown

New story up at Insolent Rudder. This is an odd little piece written in a completely different style for me. I'm always trying on new styles - like fashion, can't decide which pigeon hole I'd feel most comfortable in - so anyway, the piece is called "Cotton Candy Meltdown"- I wrote several stories using a cotton candy simile...not sure why- just happened. This particular piece emerged based on a photo prompt. The photo was a picture of a friend's Pakistani husband...the focus was blurred ...sort of like the outer edges of the picture were spinning clockwise...going down the drain sort of thing. Her husband looked like he was stumbling and rubbing his eyes. On a writing site...all of the "players" that week - had to create a flash fiction based on that particular prompt. This is what I came up with: http://www.insolentrudder.net/spring2009_Cotton_Candy_Meltdown.html
I'm grateful Insolent Rudder accepted the piece and also sad..because this is their final issue...aww. Tim does a great job editing. I'm sure he'll find another editing position soon if he so desires.
Hope you enjoy the story and be sure to check out the other fine works on the site.
I'm grateful Insolent Rudder accepted the piece and also sad..because this is their final issue...aww. Tim does a great job editing. I'm sure he'll find another editing position soon if he so desires.
Hope you enjoy the story and be sure to check out the other fine works on the site.
Comments