Devil's Horn Sounds Sweet
Two poems are now up at Strangeroad.They are: Sax Lessons & Devil's Horn Sounds Sweet. There are also other poems posted by others you will most likely enjoy reading. So, give it a look-see.
I'm not sure if I had an acceptance today or not - I know that sounds funny, but I submitted six sentences to "Six Sentences" (yeah, yeah - I know - pretty obvious) and the editor said, "glad you found us - feel free to post this on the 6S social network". Now, that sounds good, but I don't think setting up your own blog post is what one calls "accepted 0r published". So, I was happy with the invitation - set-up a 6S page and have received several kind comments - I like the site and the people seem to be wonderful. However, as far as duotrope is concerned - I simply removed that one and didn't say anything in reference to accepted or rejected. My Mema always said - when in doubt - don't. All I know is, it didn't feel like rejection - I've gotten used to how rejection feels :) which means - I'm actually submitting things.
I see people who keep 40 to 75 things submitted at all times, or try to and I feel I ought to increase my submission numbers - I am lucky to get 20 things out at one time and some of those are usually simultaneous submissions. Maybe I need to set aside days I do NOT allow myself to get online and force myself to only write and save to a flash drive. I'm thinking out loud here - yeah, that does sound like a plan though - maybe - on Sundays, I'll write and stay off the internet completely. If I don't manage my time well - I sometimes sign on AOL - and surf for new zines, read other's blogs, read other's writing, check out the sites I frequent as a member, check out facebook and bam - several hours have slipped by and I haven't written anything new. A couple of years ago, I was more prolific - writing several poems a day (not always my best work, but at least it was work)
I'm getting sleepy, very sleepy - which is a good thing - so, night folks.
I'm not sure if I had an acceptance today or not - I know that sounds funny, but I submitted six sentences to "Six Sentences" (yeah, yeah - I know - pretty obvious) and the editor said, "glad you found us - feel free to post this on the 6S social network". Now, that sounds good, but I don't think setting up your own blog post is what one calls "accepted 0r published". So, I was happy with the invitation - set-up a 6S page and have received several kind comments - I like the site and the people seem to be wonderful. However, as far as duotrope is concerned - I simply removed that one and didn't say anything in reference to accepted or rejected. My Mema always said - when in doubt - don't. All I know is, it didn't feel like rejection - I've gotten used to how rejection feels :) which means - I'm actually submitting things.
I see people who keep 40 to 75 things submitted at all times, or try to and I feel I ought to increase my submission numbers - I am lucky to get 20 things out at one time and some of those are usually simultaneous submissions. Maybe I need to set aside days I do NOT allow myself to get online and force myself to only write and save to a flash drive. I'm thinking out loud here - yeah, that does sound like a plan though - maybe - on Sundays, I'll write and stay off the internet completely. If I don't manage my time well - I sometimes sign on AOL - and surf for new zines, read other's blogs, read other's writing, check out the sites I frequent as a member, check out facebook and bam - several hours have slipped by and I haven't written anything new. A couple of years ago, I was more prolific - writing several poems a day (not always my best work, but at least it was work)
I'm getting sleepy, very sleepy - which is a good thing - so, night folks.
Comments
Maybe we could set something up together. I'm in definite need of help from someone closer to my level than some others (I'm looking at Mercedes. xD).
Talk to you soon, Paula.
~SB
http://shad-boots.blogspot.com/